HERE aims to design a business incubation methodology for people at risk of exclusion in their own neighborhood. We will work in degraded neighborhoods. The aim is to promote
what we will call social economy of proximity. This means that, we will primarily map the needs of the neighborhood and then we will train the vulnerable neighbords, who usually live in
vulnerable situations so they can be the ones creating companies in order to provide to their own needs and jobs. The project aims to carry out a mapping of opportunities in degraded
neighborhoods, to design a adapted training for this vulnerable neighbords, to implement the incubation of entrepreneurship projects among the neighbors and put all this practical
information on a MOOC.
For this purpose, HERE will consist of 6 entities from 5 countries (Latvia, Spain, Belgium, Italy, Turkey and Austria):
1) SHELTER: NGO whose mission is to develop support services for victims of human trafficking, immigrants and refugees. It has multiple projects with the public administration and
social entrepreneurship (LV)
2) ASOCIACIÓN CON VALORES: it is an NGO with a business focus that works with groups at risk of social exclusion and marginalization; its members are professionals from the
business world with long experience in entrepreneurship (ES)
3) UNESSA is a civil society organization, a federation of reception, accompaniment, help and care for people. UNESSA federates 900 structures in Wallonia and Brussels, among
them an organization specialized in social entrepreneurship (BE)
4) ANZIANI: is an NGO focused on entrepreneurship and social inclusion. Experience in incubating businesses with people from groups at risk of social exclusion and in managing
5) DOKUZ EYLUL UNIVERSITY: is a dynamic university which keeps growing with 14 faculties, 10 institutes and graduate schools, 3 schools, state conservatory, 7 vocational schools, 54 research centers.
It also embodies Dokuz Eylul Technology Development Zone (TK)
6) BEST: is a training institute that has provided support to clients in the field of human resources for over 25 years, also developing training programs for vulnerable groups (TA)
HERE – SOCIAL ECONOMY OF PROXIMITY
HERE aims to design a business incubation methodology for people at risk of exclusion in their own neighborhood.